Managing Fatigue Policy
As part of our overall health and safety policy, Quattro Plant recognises that fatigue is a major health and safety risk that we must control effectively. Quattro Plant is fully committed to managing and mitigating fatigue risks and ensuring staff receive enough rest to perform their duties safely.
To achieve this, we will
- Develop and implement a robust fatigue risk management system (FRMS) which will form part of our Safety Management System
- Commit the necessary resources to develop and sustain the FRMS on an ongoing basis
- Include fatigue as an agenda item in Health & Safety meetings comprising of managers and employee representatives
- Introduce effective controls at individual, job and organisational levels
- Ensure all staff representative groups are included during fatigue discussions
- Have in place processes to manage and mitigate the risks of the workforce becoming fatigued
- Monitor and review current fatigue controls for continued effectiveness
- Collect and use the necessary data and it effects, including the fatigue reporting system for reporting errors, adverse events and concerns which could have a fatigue element.
- Identify arrangements for training, communication and information for all staff on fatigue issues.
It is essential that management show commitment to monitoring and managing fatigue and the whole Company co-operates. Managing fatigue will only be realised with the full involvement and commitment of leadership and staff alike at every stage of the process including the creation of an organisational culture in relation to fatigue, where staff and managers feel encouraged to honestly share, discuss and process fatigue issues.
Reviewed by: Melanie Webb
John Murphy, Date: 7th June 2019
Managing Director Date of Next Review: 2nd June 2020
Quattro Group add some weight to Strongman final
1 Aug 2019, 10:38
When thinking about heavy lifters, this may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Quattro Group...
Quattro Group support HS2 Three Peaks Challenge
1 Aug 2019, 09:59
Quattro Group were delighted to support the HS2 team in their Three Peaks Challenge, in a bid to raise money for London’s New…
Eurosport’s Rachel Stringer takes on the Quattro Group plane!
23 Jul 2019, 14:59
The Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki team weren’t the only team members delighting the crowds at Snetterton over the…
News from our VIP winner's weekend
23 Jul 2019, 10:34
We caught up with competition winner Nicola Grey, to see how she enjoyed her VIP weekend
Quattro Group at the Worshipful Company of Carmen Cart Marking 2019
17 Jul 2019, 19:45
The Quattro Group once again took part in the historic Cart Marking parade in London today, but this year our vehicle was…