Managing Fatigue Policy
As part of our overall health and safety policy, Quattro Plant recognises that fatigue is a major health and safety risk that we must control effectively. Quattro Plant is fully committed to managing and mitigating fatigue risks and ensuring staff receive enough rest to perform their duties safely.
To achieve this, we will
- Develop and implement a robust fatigue risk management system (FRMS) which will form part of our Safety Management System
- Commit the necessary resources to develop and sustain the FRMS on an ongoing basis
- Include fatigue as an agenda item in Health & Safety meetings comprising of managers and employee representatives
- Introduce effective controls at individual, job and organisational levels
- Ensure all staff representative groups are included during fatigue discussions
- Have in place processes to manage and mitigate the risks of the workforce becoming fatigued
- Monitor and review current fatigue controls for continued effectiveness
- Collect and use the necessary data and it effects, including the fatigue reporting system for reporting errors, adverse events and concerns which could have a fatigue element.
- Identify arrangements for training, communication and information for all staff on fatigue issues.
It is essential that management show commitment to monitoring and managing fatigue and the whole Company co-operates. Managing fatigue will only be realised with the full involvement and commitment of leadership and staff alike at every stage of the process including the creation of an organisational culture in relation to fatigue, where staff and managers feel encouraged to honestly share, discuss and process fatigue issues.
Reviewed by: Melanie Webb
John Murphy, Date: 7th June 2019
Managing Director Date of Next Review: 2nd June 2020
John ‘Mr TT’ McGuinness joins Quattro Plant Kawasaki
10 Jan 2020, 14:28
We’ve started the year with some great news for motor racing fans – legendary rider John McGuinness is joining Team Green,…
Rounding Off 2019 With A Busy Festive Period
8 Jan 2020, 21:27
The festive period is a busy one for everyone, with no end of parties, presents and of course, mince pies! However, at…
Exam results add up to a very merry Christmas
19 Dec 2019, 15:56
It’s been a month of celebrating at Quattro Group HQ, as we pop the champagne on our second great exam news of the month!
Congratulations to Quattro Group's HR superstar
5 Dec 2019, 13:49
Congratulations are in order for Quattro Group’s Sarah Bartlett, who has just graduated with her Level 5 CIPD Human Resource…
New website and logo unveiled for AB2K
5 Dec 2019, 13:36
Christmas has come early for AB2K, with a brand-new website and logo launching just in time for the new year.