Managing Fatigue Policy
As part of our overall health and safety policy, Quattro Plant recognises that fatigue is a major health and safety risk that we must control effectively. Quattro Plant is fully committed to managing and mitigating fatigue risks and ensuring staff receive enough rest to perform their duties safely.
Our policy, procedures and management system have been developed in accordance with our responsibilities under the following:
- HSWA 1974
- MHSWR 1999
- Working Time Regulations 1998
- Regulation 25 of the railways and other guided transport systems (safety) regulations 2006 (ROGS)
- NR/L2/OHS/003 – Fatigue Risk Management
To achieve this, we will
- Develop and implement a robust fatigue risk management system (FRMS) which will form part of our Safety Management System
- Commit the necessary resources to develop and sustain the FRMS on an ongoing basis
- Include fatigue as an agenda item in Health & Safety meetings comprising of managers and employee representatives
- Introduce effective controls at individual, job and organisational levels
- Ensure all staff representative groups are included during fatigue discussions
- Have in place processes to manage and mitigate the risks of the workforce becoming fatigued
- Monitor and review current fatigue controls for continued effectiveness
- Collect and use the necessary data and it effects, including the fatigue reporting system for reporting errors, adverse events and concerns which could have a fatigue element.
- Identify arrangements for training, communication and information for all staff on fatigue issues.
It is essential that management show commitment to monitoring and managing fatigue and the whole Company co-operates. Managing fatigue will only be realised with the full involvement and commitment of leadership and staff alike at every stage of the process including the creation of an organisational culture in relation to fatigue, where staff and managers feel encouraged to honestly share, discuss and process fatigue issues.
Reviewed by: Melanie Webb
John Murphy, Date: 2nd June 2021
Managing Director Date of Next Review: 2nd June 2022
Quattro KTP Rated 'Outstanding' For Hybridisation with University of Exeter
15 Nov 2021, 11:12
In partnership with the University of Exeter, Innovate UK has awarded Quattro’s Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)…
Another FORS Gold for Quattro
12 Nov 2021, 15:39
Following on from the success of 2020, Quattro has again been awarded FORS Gold, one of the highest honours for exceptional…
Quattro Commits To Climate Action
15 Oct 2021, 14:28
Earlier this year Quattro Plant Ltd was the first rail plant company to sign up to Science Based Targets. This is a global…
Worlds Greatest Road Racer to Ride ABM for Evalution at Quattro Series
12 Oct 2021, 19:59
Road racing legend Michael Dunlop, the wild man of TT, will ride the Associated British Motorcyles (ABM) brand new 765cc GP2R…
Quattro's Petrol Station Hero
2 Oct 2021, 16:42
This week on Facebook the Quattro page received a private message praising Quattro employee Ian Marriner, for aiding a…
Jack Frost Sets New World Record Sponsored By Quattro!
23 Aug 2021, 11:16
JACK FROST SETS NEW WORLD RECORD SPONSORED BY QUATTRO! He did it! Jack Frost broke the world record for fastest speed reached…